PSY 452 Techniques of Counseling
This class fulfills a Area 3 requirement
Goals and Objectives:
- This course is designed to provide you with knowledge regarding the field of counseling as well as an opportunity to develop engagement skills in order to effectively work with future clients.
- Through experiential activities, you will begin to develop your skills as an early counselor in training.
- Treatment strategies, used to address the most common disorders encountered in counseling, will be examined.
- Emphasis will be on traditional counseling and psychotherapy theory and skills.
- Techniques presented will assist in the development of effective communication skills applicable in professional, general human services, and nonprofessional helper roles.
- This course will provide the opportunity to practice counseling tools in an encouraging and supportive environment. It will be an active and participatory learning experience.